Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

The Hot Chocolat Cafe

From my last post of The Meat Expert, I mentioned that I would check The Hot Chocolat Cafe (no, it's not a typo haha) out from the other end of the shop lot and I did!




The interior and furniture for the inside portion for the cafe is very vintage if you were to look at the print closely whereas the outside portion's furniture is more simple and garden-like so it could sustain the weather.

Fettucine Carbonara Set Lunch (RM23.90)
Set meal comes with Mushroom Soup, Barley drink and Fettucine Carbonara





I can't say I am pleased with the food. It's quite a disappointment. There are no mushroom taste in the mushroom soup and the taste is so insignificant that I can't really remember how it tasted like already.

As for the carbonara, all I can taste is just the bland taste of the noodle. Although it looked like they put quite a lot of cheese on top of the spaghetti, I don't really taste much of it after mixing them together. 



Beef Bacon Sandwich Set (RM17.90)
Set lunch comes with Barley drink, mushroom soup and the sandwich.




For the sandwich, the egg and bacon are tasteless as well. I couldn't taste anything except bread. The barley is equally as tasteless as well. It seems like they boil the barley but did not put any sugar in it so all we can taste is the slight faint taste of barley.

Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream (RM13)

Although their food is below par, this particular dessert is good. The cake with chocolate syrup is really rich and moist. Despite it being rich, it does not make you sick of it after a few bites but instead, you will finish this entire thing and wanting more. This is probably my second or third time here for this particular dessert.

Flat White (RM10)

The coffee is not too bad either but there's nothing much to shout about. It tasted like any other flat white okay tasting Flat White.

I will definitely go back for their dessert, will definitely try the rest the next time I'm there! However, they really need to up their game and improve on their food quality though. 

Anyways, here's the address if you want to try out their dessert, or food, maybe you would have a second opinion from mine.

The Hot Chocolat Cafe

Address:  25, Lorong Setiabistari 2, Taman Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Contact: 03-2093 9133

Operation Hours: I can't find their opening hours on the net. Will update as soon as I find out :)

Follow me on my social media

Instagram: @sueanne

Facebook: Suelicious


No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top