Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

Recipe | Spaghetti Carbonara

So... One of my resolution this year is to learn how to cook, besides baking as I am already interested in baking a long time ago. Cooking is one thing I thought I would never do because I am always disgusted by the feeling of raw meat especially fish because of the smell (except salmon haha) but as of this year, I started reading recipes and finding some super easy ones so that a freshie like me can also cook it. Who knows one day I join Masterchef Asia because of this! Hahaha.

The recipe I am about to share is my most successful dish so far is..JENG JENG JENG, Spaghetti Carbonara! Okaylah, it's not a very hard dish to cook since the only thing you need to really make is the carbonara sauce but there are a lot of recipes out there and this is one of the best I have tried.


Picture as proof before I start. Drool please. Hehe

Recipe is taken from The Sudden Cook

Recipe serves 2 person

What you need:
  • 200gm sliced of streaky bacon, roughly chopped 
    • I use 300g instead because I love bacon!
  • 5 cloves garlic sliced
  • 2 eggs at room temperature
  • 250ml whipping cream
  • 30g finely grated Parmesan cheese
  • Black pepper + salt for seasoning
    • For black pepper, I use grounded black pepper
    • For salt, I use rock salt
  • Pasta of choice
    • I use Fettuccine

What to do:

  1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add some salt and cook pasta. Then very quickly start next step.
  2. Heat just a little bit of olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry garlic and bacon (till dark pink)- for at least 5 mins. Tip: Add the sliced garlic halfway or toward end of frying bacon so it won't turn brown so fast. Remove and allow to drain on paper towel.
  3. The pasta should still be cooking at this point. So start with the sauce. In a bowl or something, empty contents of cream, both eggs and cheese. Stir till mixed well. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. By now the pasta should be almost done. Check first before turning off heat to ensure it's cooked. Drain pasta. Put pasta back in pot and pour in cream mixture and fried bacon. Using a pair of kitchen tongs, toss over low heat making sure the pasta is coated well with the creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Tip: Keep tasting it until you think there is enough salt and pepper! Be careful when adding salt - a little goes a long way - as the bacon and cheese already contain salt in them.

Do let me know if this recipe is good if you were to try it out! I will share more recipes here after I have try them out and proven them good, my taste lah. Hehehe. 

Okay, back to searching for recipes to bake red velvet cupcake!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top