Pages

Friday 29 May 2015

Frisson Coffee Bar

Opened only in December last year, Frisson Coffee Bar has made quite a name for themselves. Being located in Uptown Damansara and just a 10 minutes walk from my office, I had been wanting to try them out for a while but I didn't manage (I'm not always in the office as I have to meet my clients most of the time) to until 2 weeks ago when I made my first visit.

So now, aside from PULP by Papa Palheta, Frisson Coffee Bar is now on my favourite list as well. So I now have one hangout place in KL and one in PJ. So ohsome!

Warning: This post is going to be a long one as I have combined a couple of visits into one.





Thank you for turning on the lights for me to take this picture! You're awesome :)

I love how simple yet comfortable the cafe is. On the right side, the seats are made with only concrete but they provide cushions where you can arrange yourself to seat more comfortably.

Another fact that I like about Frisson besides the comfortable ambient is their customer service. The staffs are a bunch of really really friendly people. Despite the fact that I stayed there to work after my meal, they didn't give me any attitude at all except being really nice. 

One thing that I am really amazed about Frisson is that besides being really great offline (at work), they are also super awesome on social media. This is one of the greatest thing about a brand that I appreciate the most.

To be honest, I have never encountered a cafe/brand that would interact with their customers on such a personal basis and answering to their every single query online and also to acknowledge our satisfaction or comments.
One of their replies to my Instagram.
If that's not awesome enough, they even remember to inform me about their new launch, which I did went and try and will be included in the later part of this post.
The above picture was my second visit a few days ago, which the food I will talk about later. I wrote on the description my thought on the food and surprisingly, they replied with such open heart on the 'complain' that I had and would make my next visit more pleasurable. How to not go back to this cafe, you tell me? Where to find such good service?


Premium Picante Soft-Shell Crab with Creamy Tomato (RM29.90)

I enjoyed almost every bit of this dish. The sauce is creamy enough to cover the spaghetti and with almost every strand of spaghetti, you'll be able to taste the ever so unique sauce with rosemary. 

The soft-shell crab is deep fried with chilli padi, red peppers and accompanied with some paprika and chilli flakes. However, to someone like me who can't take spicy food, I don't find it spicy, which is a good thing to yours truly haha. The crab is deep fried to perfection and each bite is crunchy while still maintaining the fresh taste of the crab. 

The only thing that is negative would probably be the rosemary. The rosemary does bring out the taste of the entire dish so much more but it is a b*tch when it got stuck somewhere in your mouth and you have to take each and every small piece out by hand. (This has been rectified by the employee of Frisson which I am grateful)


Original Affogato (RM10) 

If you order their new range of premium meals like me, you'll also be entitled to the 30% discount upon your order on their new Affogato series. They gave quite a generous amount of ice cream with the espresso. I personally think that this is one of the best Affogato I've tried. 

Take one spoonful of the vanilla ice cream covered with chocolate flakes and with the already poured-in espresso, voila! The sweetness of the ice cream and chocolate together with the bitterness of espresso create this perfect chemistry that makes you wanting more.



Salted Caramel Latte (RM12)

I have always loved salted flavoured dessert like Salted Caramel ice cream and Salted Gula Melaka ice cream so I gave the latte a go and I noticed my love for salted caramel knows no boundaries. I didn't know salted caramel and coffee could go so well!

Flat White (RM10)



de'LISH Frisson's Oats Chicken (RM24.90)

The pasta is just average. The sauce is slightly too thick that it filled you up about half a plate in and personally, I don't enjoy the mixture of the sauce (I'm quite a picky eater -.-"). 

But..I love the oats chicken. It's so crunchy and the fragrance of the oat mixed with the chicken a really nice mixture.

Chocolate Affair (RM13.50)

I personally do not enjoy this as much as the original one. Chocolate ice cream, shaved chocolate, mixture of chuncky white and dark chocolate and crumbled cookies poured with chocolate is just too much chocolate in one serving for me. However, if you're a chocolate fanatic, you might want to order this and settle your cravings for chocolate all in one serving!

Here's their details if you decide to drop by to give their food a try!

Frisson Coffee Bar - Damansara Uptown

Address: 71-G, Jalan SS 21/1A, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Contact: 03-77329969

Opening Hours: 
Monday, 11.00am – 11.00pm
Tuesday, Closed
Wednesday to Friday, 11.00–11.00pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 11pm

Follow me on my social media


Instagram: @sueanne


Facebook: Suelicious

3 comments:

  1. wow they so good sumore go comment on your photo! =D

    Your Finance Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. They some more tell me about their new promotion and all. Very good customer service :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. complain cheh cheh. si wa pun mai reply lu liao hahaha!

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top