Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

Coffee Obsession

Ever since the adult life chose me to be one of their predecessor, life has been hectic and stressful (I believe most of you working adults that were chosen knows it too). This is also the point of time when people will start releasing their stress in different ways. Some goes for afterwork drinking sessions with colleagues to relax after a long day of work, some chose to eat a decent (by decent, I mean expensive) meal to celebrate the end of another working day and so on.

For me, I of course gave in to good food, shopping (more like spending money on unnecessary things) because I still want to look fabulous hahaha and last but not least, I have developed an unhealthy obsession to coffee.
Coffee from The Owls Cafe, Bukit Jalil

I was never a fan of coffee in my younger years and never would I thought I would start drinking coffee because the caffeine gave me breathing difficulty. Even when I was in college and I worked as part time in Starbucks, I didn't even pay attention in the one day course nor develop an interest in drinking coffee even when I brew dozens of coffee each day.

However, when I started working, our of peer pressure (because I paiseh want to buy hot chocolate when my colleagues buy adult drink), I started buying coffee and started slow and steady. And then, one thing leads to another and the longer I am into the working world, the more coffee I drink and from there, I now drink for leisure as well. It soothes me down hehehe.

Coffee from Plan B, Bangsar Village 1

I have been hearing people talking about how coffee is unhealthy to you and how it would harm your body or dry up your skin but more research has shown that it has more advantages than disadvantages. Here are some health benefits that I found on one of the websites hehehe.

*These benefits are taken from Health

1.  Coffee helps fight disease.


Coffee from Mollydookers, Bukit Damansara 

Caffeine may help protect brain cells from the damage that causes Parkinson’s, dementia, and Alzheimer’s. And the antioxidants in coffee could help prevent liver disease.

2. It boosts your brainpower.

Coffee from Mr & Ms Cafe, Oasis Square 

Java keeps you juiced when you’re sleep-deprived, but a cup before a test can also sharpen memory and keep you alert.

3. It keeps you slim.


Coffee from Artisan Coffee, Bangsar Village 2

The caffeine in coffee can speed up metabolism and fat-burning, which helps lower your risk of type 2 diabetes and obesity. And black coffee is one of the lowest-calorie drink choices around.

Okaylah, of course it has it disadvantages also but I believe if you take it in moderation, coffee is actually more beneficial to us lor. (Except if you have health conditions and you can't take caffeine lah)

So, the best part is now. From Starbucks, I slowly graduate to cafes because Starbucks no longer make the cut for me. Then, I started falling in love with coffee with coffee art (because that proves how much heart you put into learning about coffee and making an effort to make people enjoy it as much as you do while brewing it) and I started looking around online and offline for an espresso machine but then they are all way over my budget and I am not even sure if I will be using it or not.

And then, I was browsing Lazada and I found one which is in my budget. YAY! Okaylah, it's not branded like DeLonghi and I have never heard of the brand before but it's a few hundred cheaper than these brands. What if I don't use it as often as I thought I would? Then I would be wasting money, right? (Self justification to be a cheapo)

So anyway, when my salary came in last month, the first thing I do is to get to Lazada and make my purchase! Guess who's gonna be a barista in her own home soon? Yes, this person typing over here! Hahaha. This is how my espresso machine is going to look like. Such a beauty, right?


Image taken from Aliexpress


Now, I am doing research about the difference of coffee beans and I am swarmed by all the names that seems so alien O_O. Then maybe I can find somewhere that sell coffee beans besides the mainstream place like Coffee Beans or Starbucks. By just thinking of it, it gets me all hyped up and excited!

Time to get back to studying (SPM also didn't see me so hardworking ah) and then stock up on milk and beans before the arrival of this new baby and pretend to be a professional barista.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top