Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

Episode Restaurant

I have always had an occasional lunch buddy, Denise who works in a law firm near where I work. (Yes, my lunch buddy is a lawyer, awesome right? haha) We would always have our lunch nearby so we could save driving time to eat more (and talk hehe). We work around Bangsar area, so we sort of have a wide selection of food, be it the cheaper option or the slightly more expensive one.

Once in a while, when we are feeling generous, we would go over to Publika to have some atas food with coffee or dessert haha. Sometimes this week, we went out for lunch and I made her feel generous cos I made her follow me to this new restaurant I stumbled upon in Publika. The restaurant is called Episode and it is located right above Daiso (A bit hidden for those who always walk at the center of Publika).

The lunch set displayed before the entrance.
Le grand entrance.
The bar area from the entrance
The other side of the restaurant from the entrance. 
Denise being the model, in the middle of the picture, sitting up straight. Hahaha
From where we are sitting, staring at the entrance.
The pretty decorated section. Why only one spot so special? Hehs
Clearer view of the bar. Quite awesome looking, right? 
They even have an outdoor area for people who smoke, or just like to be outside :D
The part of the restaurant after you walk in from the outdoor seat area.

The interior look so grande I feel like I am some rich lady having lunch hahaha. The waitress that serves us were really friendly and helpful. She answered our every questions about the food. "Does this comes with rice?" "What's a Tonnarelli?" "What's the soup?" Haha. After each dish, she would ask us if the food is good and asked if we want some additional things like desserts or coffee, not the pushy method. I don't see much of service like this anymore so I appreciate her even more :)

Another very friendly waitress saw me snapping away and she told me about their very pretty washroom so of course, I obliged.
At first, I couldn't find the washroom, even after she pointed to me. Then, I see a weird glowing light coming from inside the shelves.


When I pushed open the door, I was completely shocked by the design of the washroom.


I thought I was in a spa! Instead of using tissues to wipe our hands, they provide us clean towels in the middle and a basket where you can throw in your used towels.


Then another door leads you to the toilet. Very well decorated.


The lights around the mirror makes me feel so Hollywood-ish.

Okay, now to the food. Episode Restaurant is a Western-Chinese Restaurant so naturally, they will serve both cuisine. Their set lunch is also a mixture of Chinese set and Western set. Denise and I each ordered a Western and Chinese set respectively.

Stir Fried Chicken with Babas Sauce & Milk (Lunch Set RM22)
For Chinese lunch set, they serve it with seaweed with tofu soup. The soup tasted like miso soup but the difference is that the seaweed does not taste as strong in this soup as miso soup. 


Babas sauce is actually the Assam Sauce from Baba & Nyonya. The sweet, sour and the rather spicy sauce is a perfect blend, stir-fried together with onions, capsicum and of course sliced chicken. I have always been a fan of assam sauce and fell in love with the chicken at first taste. The chicken slice was  in a generous amount and the meat is tender with real meat rather than fats and skins. 

The sauce was made without any MSG and cooked in the right ratio so it was a perfect balance between sweet, sour and spicy. It does not make you reach out for your water every few bites because one or another is too much. Besides that, it was made with love (without MSG), you will stay hydrated throughout the day as well.



Tonnarelli Olio with Seared Cod Fish (Lunch Set RM22)
For the Western lunch set, the soup that was served was Wild Mushroom Soup. I can't say enough how huge of a fan I am of wild mushroom soup and this is definitely one of the good one that I have tasted. They gave a very generous portion of wild mushrooms and the flavour is very rich and satisfying.




Instead of using normal spaghetti, they used black tonnarelli which is similar to a spaghetti, except the spaghetti is a circular type of noodles and the tonnarelli is a square-r. I didn't manage to ask her if the black tonnarelli is bought ready or did they make it themselves (will do the next time I go there). I am not a fan of Aglio Olio so I was half expecting it to be good when I tried some but to my surprise, it actually taste great! Unlike aglio olio, it does not have the sickening, oily feeling and taste to it. Instead, it has a very unique taste that makes you want to go back for more. The cod fish is fresh and is a great combination when taken together with the tonnarelli.

After food of course, I will start looking for dessert and the friendly waitress showed me to their dessert area. They currently have 3 types of cakes, all specially made just for their restaurant as the owner knows a certain pastry chef.

So pretty!

There are only the two of us, so I can only ordered two and I chose the two cakes that has been in their shop for the longest time, the one on the left is their latest addition which I will also try someday


Signature Cheese Cake (RM11)

The yellow sauce that they use to make the design is passionfruit sauce so it has a sour taste to it whereas the red heart is raspberry sauce.  

The cheesecake is unarguably one of the best cheese cake I have ever tasted. The cheese cake was made together with sponge cake in between so that we don't get sick and full of the cheese after a few bites. The cake is not overly sweet, with just the right amount of cheese and accompanied by some cake crumbs, every bite creates an explosion in your mouth.


White Chocolate Berries Mousse (RM20)


The mousse has a really pretty design and I am especially fascinated by the water droplets on top of the mousse which turn out to be glucose. Even the flowers are edible!


Upon cutting open the mousse, you can see layers of white chocolate and blueberry. The outside red layer is actually raspberry, along with the decoration sauce.

The price for this mousse is actually quite expensive but it was good. Unlike any other cake that is sweet in flavour, this is actually more sour than sweet. Both berries combined with the white chocolate has a unique taste, in a good way. Although compared, I would prefer the cheese cake more as I am not a huge fan of sour things. :)

Overall, this is a great restaurant for you to bring your partner for a nice, romantic dinner with great ambience and good food. As the place is comfortable, you can also bring your friends along for a catch up session with food and drinks and also cakes. Of course, it is also a perfect place for your family to come and dine and they can feel free to choose in between Chinese meal with rice or a simple Western meal.

Episode Restaurant

Address: A4-UG1-1 Solaris Dutamas No.1 Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Contact Number: +603-62010787

Opening Hours: Tuesday - Sunday, 11am - 3pm (Lunch) & 6pm - 10pm (Dinner)

Facebook: Episode Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top