Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Dae Jang Geum Korean Restaurant

Besides my love for Japanese food, and coffee, Korean food is also one of my favourite. I think if I were to just eat Japanese/Korean food for a month, I would survive. More Japanese though cos Korean food are slightly spicy and I can't take too spicy :(

So this time, boyfriend brought me to SS14 to have Dae Jang Geum for authentic Korean food, or so he say.I honestly wouldn't know how authentic taste like cos I have never been to Korea before.

Dae Jang Geum is located in one of the shop lot beside Jaya Shopping Centre. If you are in JSC, go out through the exit beside Starbucks/CIMB and you'll see this. Dae Jang Geum is just located at a further end on the first floor, on your left (that's if you come out from JSC)
When you go out from the mall, you should see this



Keep to the left side shop lot and you'll see this sign somehow

Entrance. Chinese character all over, yo!


Room for big group

They have a second floor, so this is the stairs that lead upstairs

The second floor

The shop is somewhat run down and it has a funny smell which is not very pleasant, sort of smell like dirty damp clothes. I would guess it's the mop that they use to mop the floor with, maybe? It would be great if the owner were to at least refurbish and do a major clean up. I think that would help a lot for the smell. 

Enough about the interior, time for food!

Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap (RM21)

Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap is one of my favourite because it has rice, egg (look at that yolk), some meat and a whole lot of random vegetables and with the special sauce, all mixed together, it creates heaven. To be very honest though, bibimbap everywhere taste almost the same to me. It's like they all used the same sauce because I believe that's what made the most difference haha. It's really good, but it's not special to it's own though. 


Dwen Jang Jiggae (RM18)


Hae Mul Pa Jeon (RM28)

The Korean pancake that is more expensive that either of our main meal but this, this is special to it's own and it's really, really good. Even though they fry it together with chilli (see the huge one in the picture) but you can't really taste the chilli, in fact, you'll be overwhelmed by the awesome dough of the pancake with the mixture of seafood and vegetable. You HAVE to dip it in the sauce. I have no idea how it's done but it tasted magical so it's worth every ringgit.

Dae Jang Geum Korean Restaurant

Address: 20B-2 & 20B-3, Jalan 14/20, Seksyen 14, 46100, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Contact: 03- 7957 2613 

Opening Hours: (Unavailable)


Follow me on my social media:


Instagram: @sueanne

Facebook: Suelicious

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top