Pages

Sunday 10 May 2015

Restaurant Ri Kee

Over the weekend, I was with the boyfriend's family and we were on our way back to their house in Cheras. We used Seri Kembangan route to get to Cheras and we were caught in a jam on the way. As it was getting late and all of us are famished, we decide to have our dinner around Seri Kembangan.

The boyfriend's father said that there's a really good Thai food around that area but unfortunately, it was not open when we arrive. Since we're not familiar with that area and were very hungry, we went to the nearest restaurant that look the most decent.
This restaurant is hidden in the housing area of Seri Kembangan 8 where they turned one of the house into a restaurant. I was at first not very convinced by the place because first, we 'randomly' found them and second, when we were ordering, there are a lot of things that we wanted to order which was stated in the menu but was not available so I was actually not anticipating for much. (judging a book by it's cover mode haha)




The environment of the restaurant is very well maintained, even the toilet. We all know how disgusting some toilets in these places are but the toilet in this place is very clean. It might be because the inside area was newly renovated though.

As I mentioned previously, I was not very confident in their food so I was not anticipating much but boy was I wrong! Upon tasting the first dish, I know I have found a hidden gem among the neighbourhood of Seri Kembangan.

Wet Butter Fried Cuttlefish (RM18)

This is one of my favourite dish (cos I made the order haha). The cuttlefish is fried first then it was fried together with butter, curry leaves and chilli padi. The taste was heavenly! The cuttlefish is crunchy and accompanied with the butter taste and a tinge of spiciness from the chilli padi and curry leaves,  it was a perfect combination. (I am missing this already)

Steamed 3 "King" Eggs (RM12)

A mixture of chicken eggs, salted duck eggs and century eggs, steamed together with some soy sauce and spring onion. The amount of ingredients added together was just right. Not too tasteless and not too salty.

Claypot Japanese Tofu (RM16)

I am not a huge fan of this dish because I don't really like tofu. However, this was acceptable because they used Japanese tofu instead of local ones. The texture and taste of the base for this dish resembles 'Char Hor Fun' (Hokkien) or 'Wat Tan Hor' in Cantonese, which is the unique part for this dish as you don't find it often out there.

Stir-fry Sweet Potato Leaves (RM10)

This was average as well. It's good but like any other place, it's just good. (Am I even making sense? Haha)

Garlic Steamed Fish (RM21)

Once again, I'm not a huge fan of fish because some fishes when it's not cooked properly, it has the seafood smell that is quite nauseating, especially when it's steamed. But this one has no such issue, the garlic sauce was not very strong that it's hard to swallow nor does it overpower the taste of the fish. I actually enjoyed it :)

Overall, I would definitely go back to this place if I happen to drop by Seri Kembangan again. If you're feeling adventurous and wanted to try something new at an affordable price, Ri Kee Restaurant is definitely the place to be. The place is quite cooling despite it not being air conditioned. They installed enough fans around to make the place cool enough for a meal.


Restaurant Ri Kee (力奇家乡饭店)

Jalan SK 11/6, Kampung Baru Seri Kembangan, 
43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia

012-525 6927 / 012-666 4085

Unfortunately, they did not mention about their opening hours anywhere. Do give them a call before going over to ensure that they are open at the time of your visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top