Pages

Monday 15 June 2015

A Day With Sue | Episode 2

For this episode of A Day With Sue, I will bring you to a world of science as I visited Petrosains. I have been wanting to visit Petrosains since, probably 6 years ago but I didn't manage to go till now.


At first, I was excited..

And then, I saw the line to the entrance..

So I waited.. and waited..

Finally, my capsule is here to bring me to the world of science, Petrosains!

And now I'm happy!

Hey, I just created a short skit out of my pictures! Ain't I awesome or what? Okaylah, the queue was long but the wait is not long lah, I was just overreacting haha.

The first section we landed was The Known Universe, where we were introduced to planets, galaxies, The Big Bang and stars.



I experienced The Great Red Spot from Jupiter in this capsule. The Great Red Spot is a storm about 12,400 miles (20,000 kilometers) long and 7,500 miles (12,000 km) wide, about two to three times larger than Earth. Winds at its oval edges can reach up to 425 mph (680 km/h). If this happens on Earth, we would have disappeared.


Next, I got on space control centre and I tried to navigate the spaceship but they refuse to listen to me, so I just left them there. The mic really works, I am amazed!

The space area is quite amusing. They even have video of spaceman sharing with us their experience and experiment. I finally know how they brush teeth in space. They sort of just er, swallow the toothpaste after brushing their teeth because there's no other way!

Other things that was shared are their sleeping bag and you can experiment it with the sound they have to endure when they sleep and more! The space section is one of my favourite through the entire Petrosains. 



 Next, I got onto this twist thingy you can find in playground and you can sort of see the stars when you twist fast enough. I got dizzy after it spins two rounds haha but t'was fun!


Next, the dinosaur.


This cute T-Rex behind the human T-Rex can rap and dance every time you come in through the entrance. It raps in both BM and English and it's cute and short little limbs will shake every time he rap. (Yes, we went through the door a couple of times to see him dance. Hahaha)

Hello, big little one!



Right in the middle, there is a reenactment of the extinct animals. Look at that cute elephant on the left and also turtles used to be huge.


One of my favourite extinct animal, the sabre tooth tiger. Although it look damn awesome, maybe it's not such a bad thing that it's not on Earth anymore? Imagine if one of this attack you..



Right after the dinosaur section, we are brought to the cafeteria where we can sit and rest for a bit and to buy some water and snacks if you need to. There are also tables with things where you can test your brain to. (I failed horribly, I'm not creative enough to do the puzzles)


The Interactive Art area! There are a lot of different types of interactive screens and this is my personal favourite. You stand on the spot and the butterflies will fly all over and land on your shadow. So damn cool!


You get in this spaceship, and suddenly, you're a mouse in a mouse racing track. This thing shakes so vigorously I got nausea when the ride ends haha




The next thing I know, I am dressing up to exit an emergency route. (Must make sure I wear properly so I don't die)

All smiley even when I am about to go through an EMERGENCY exit.




I didn't really read the description but I think this is used by the offshore engineers during emergency. You are supposed to be sitting on the net and twist your entire body at every turning until you reach the bottom. It's not a straight fall thing but I was so nervous I grabbed the net quite hard so by the time I reached the bottom, my palms are red from grabbing the net too tight.


Another of my favourite section in Petrosains is SPEED! We get to play all sorts of games that is speed related like your speed in throwing a baseball and it has recordings and all. Damn cool.

My favourite game though, is the light game where you were given 30 seconds to press the buttons where the lights are on as much as you can. I forgot to take a picture as I was too excited.

After this portion, the remaining section is more about small experiments and simple games. In my personal opinion, I think that they made some sections super fun and some sections are boring where I just walked past it without stopping. Maybe if they insert some additional fun in those quizzes area, people would stay by to understand more.

Nevertheless, it was an awesome experience and I will definitely be back when they change the dinosaur exhibition to something else so I can experience a different thing! 

Find out more about there HERE

Follow me on social media:

Instagram: @sueanne

Facebook: Suelicious







No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top