Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

MISS Coffee & Toast

Further down from Walnut Cafe & Bar but along the same row, in the same building (PFCC), Bandar Puteri Puchong,  there's another cafe called MISS Coffee & Toast. After my first visit, I went back at least another two or three more times within two weeks and here's why.



Outdoor sitting area
This is my favourite spot, you will know it by spotting my bag :P


The very first reason is the comfort level of the cafe. I have a habit of camping in cafes because I like the environment and the smell of coffee makes me energetic. And of course, I can eat/drink whenever I want to, it's like the best office in the world!

MISS Toast & Coffee has a couple of spots that are super comfortable, especially the couch area but I would usually sit near the wall cos it looks like the table by the beach (I can dream that I am at the beach k? Haha)
Look at the choice of pastries and cakes! Omnomnom

Although the ambience of the cafe is one of the important point, the food play the most important role, if the food is not good, regardless how awesome the environment is, you would of course not go back for the second time, right? 


This is what I had on my very first visit. They have me a complimentary cracker with tuna, I guess it's because I wanted waffle but they ran out of waffle and I had to change my order. I am totally fine with that but I am very grateful for that small gesture :)

I ordered Classic Waffle (RM15) and I was surprised when the portion came. I mean, I know it looked sinful on the menu but I didn't know when it came, it looked even more sinful with the huge portion. The toast is super thick with 2 huge scoop of ice cream and cream with a bowl of honey. 

The bread is crunchy at the side and soft in the centre, it my perfect type of toast. Then, I poured the honey on top of both ice cream and bread and take all 3 mixture in a mouthful and I don't think I want to eat it anyway else, the mouthful of sin taste so good I forgot what diet is hahaha.

Caffe Mocha (RM11)

Their Mocha tasted okay. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't taste memorable either but hey, nice coffee art haha.
Fruits Waffle (RM16)

During my next visit, I finally had a taste of their waffle. I ordered fruits waffle so that I can feel slightly less guilty after my tedious gym session the night before but when I got greeted by this beauty, I once again, threw the guilt away.

The waffle is made to perfection where it's done just right with the right amount of crunchiness and it's not burnt. The flour mixture for the waffle is done pretty well as the waffle by itself taste good already. I have no complaint on the waffle and would definitely go back to try more.
Mini Toast (Set of 3 slices (RM12))
Left: Mixed Tuna Mayonnaise Spread
Middle: Scrambled Egg, Beef Bacon, Parsley
Right: Baked Cheesy Chicken Ham on Toast with Mozzarella

I'm not sure if it's only me but I taste olive oil in all 3 variations of the mini toast, which, in my opinion, does not enhance the taste of the toast. The bread is really crunchy and good but the toppings are lacking. The middle and right side toast taste way too salty and the olive oil doesn't help. The toast on the right was okay but it was not great either. I think the toast's great but they need to improve on the toppings.





Chocolate Cheesecake (I think) (RM12)

The cake has a very balance taste between chocolate and cheese and neither taste overpower each other. However, the texture is slightly hard and it somehow looks like it has been in the freezer for a couple of days. If they bring it new supply though, I would order this again.


Clockwise from top: Creamy Mushroom Soup (RM10), Caffe Mocha (RM11), Mushroom & Chicken Ham Carbonara (RM17.80)

The mushroom soup tasted fine, not too bad but not memorable either. However, the texture is quite thick and slimy (not the gross type but not pleasant either). The mushrooms in the soup was not chopped and you were given a couple of the entire piece (being a mushroom idiot, I don't know the type but it's the smaller types of mushroom).

Mocha was quite disappointing this time, it was too diluted and watery, the sides of the cups are stained and based on the look, it has been done quite half heartedly (the one in the picture has been stirred and drank :P)

The spaghetti is cooked together with green capsicum, which is not my favourite and the spaghetti tasted literally like capsicum at first few bites. It gets better after that though, overall, it tasted good but once again, it's just average good, not unique.

I think it's understandable that their main dishes are average as they are a fairly new cafe and based on the menu, everyone should understand that MISS's forte is on the Honey Toast and Waffle and they mastered these two perfectly and you will want to come back for more.

Upon saying that, here's their information so you can find your way here :)

PS: I notice that the some of the items' price on their menu differs from the actual bill, so do ensure you get clarifications (I notice mine after I have gone home)


MISS Coffee & Toast

Address: Puchong Financial Corporate Centre, 47100, Puchong

Contact: 019-389 3909 / 03-8066 3747

Opening Hours: 
Monday - Thursday, 9am - 12am
Friday - Sunday, 9am - 1am



Follow me on social media


Instagram: @sueanne



Facebook: Suelicious

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top