Pages

Thursday 4 June 2015

Yellow Brick Road Cafe

I am currently on a quest where I hunt for cafes and to try out their coffees and meals. Also to find out the best and most comfortable hangout spots.

So recently, I've read a lot on Yellow Brick Cafe that is located in Jalan Batai (near to my work place), so when my friend, Mei Sin, invited me for lunch on a working day, of course I suggested Yellow Brick Road right away!


I can't believe how great this old shop lot looks like now!

The barista area


I like how they decorate the cafes with some plants and tree-like decorations and they used wood for the furnitures. Along with the yellow lights and some vintage items, it really bring the life out of the entire interior of the cafe. 

However, if there's one thing that I am not satisfied, it would be the sound proofing. The echo inside the cafe is too strong that you can't even answer a call without going 'Huh? Can you repeat?'. After a while also, the echoes would give you a slight migraine hahaha.

Oh wait, another thing is, there are too much flies around. They started harassing me and my food from the moment my food arrive. So rude lor..

Brunches of the day.

Flat White (RM11)

Yay nice coffee art! (haha! I know I very jakun) They made the flat white exactly how I like it to be. There are the slight bitter taste of espresso accompanied by the smooth texture of the milk. Plus the art, it's like 200% haha!

The Big Breakfast Bash (RM30)

Despite the very nice presentation, I don't think that this set is worth the price paid. My set (my selection of choice) comes with scrambled eggs, turkey ham, beef sausage. The sides are mixed beans, hash brown, TWO sweet potatoes, FOUR vine tomatoes, mushrooms and toasted rye bread.

The overall meal (except the sides), the scrambled eggs are good but nothing too awesome to shout about. The rest of the meal though, is too salty for my liking. It seems like the cook has accidentally sprinked too much salt while preparing the meal. The hash brown is basically tasteless except tasting slightly salty.

Eggs Norwegian (RM25)

Meal includes poached eggs on potato rosti, served with smoked salmon, avocado slices and passionfruit hollandaise sauce.

Although there are not much choices on the menu, I think the cafe do deserve a second chance. I've read a lot of positive comments so maybe it's just the quality that day? Nevertheless, I will be going back again. If not for the food, definitely for the coffee and maybe desserts. Hehehe



Yellow Brick Road

Address: 8-7, Jalan Batai, Batai Village, Damansara Heights.

Contact: 03-2035 5922

Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 9am - 6pm


Follow me on my social media


Instagram: @sueanne


Facebook: Suelicious

10 comments:

  1. What a cute Wizard of Oz concept! However, the theme isn't carried through the interior and the food seems like any other Western cuisine. They should have stuck with the concept and made it more unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a bit of a mixture but the tree still captures the most attention :P

      Delete
  2. The food really capture my eye as I always order big breakfast whenever I visit any cafe. But the price a bit pricey to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. The breakfast is quite pricey but I would still go back to give the food a second chance ahaha

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to go to this place like forever! haha. heard a lot of positive reviews on this place lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try! I heard a lot of good reviews as well, which is why I am going to go and give them a second try :D

      Delete
  4. Hmm.. I've always wanted to go here because it looks so nice! But then the salmon in your photo doesnt look that great =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love café hunting too...the big breakfast look really delicious but the price ...mmmm like brunch to me.lol...http://www.princesscindyrina.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures :p personally i feel cafes are meant for.. coffee. if you know what i mean :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice food and it really looks delicious, I would go there to have a try one day~ =)

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top